Scalability Testing measures the system at the minimum and maximum loads at all levels.
Top 5 Attributes of Scalability Testing:
- Response time:
- It is the time between user request and the application response. Ideally, the response time should decrease as load increases.
- If an application can deliver the same response time for varying user load; then AUT (application under test) deemed to be scalable.
- Throughput is the measure of number of requests processed over a unit time by the application.
- Throughput should remain same for varying level of load for an application to be deemed as scalable.
- CPU Usage:
- It is measure of the CPU Utilization for performing a task by an application. In ideal case; CPU utilization should be less for more optimized code.
- Memory Usage:
- It is the measure of the memory consumed for performing a task by an application.
- For optimized code; memory usage should be less.
- Network Usage:
- It is the amount of bandwidth consumed by an application under test.
Shalu Chawla works in the field of Automation Engineer, QA Analyst and Business Analysis. For more about her please visit her website www.shaluchawla.com . You can also visit me in my other website on wellness by clicking on https://shalu-chawla.org/ if interested in meditation or https://shalu-chawla.net/ if interested in travel topics.